jueves, 22 de mayo de 2014

Today I will speak about Adolphe Appia, I think that he was an expert en my field and a pioneer in the work with the lights. In the university I have had that make a lots of presentations about him, and in my opinion is a very interesting person. He is important today because he discovered the light like an plastic element, because before of that the light was just a basic element which wasn't meant to illuminate in an artistic form but in a general way.
He worked a lot searching by simple forms and geometric forms, because he thought that the actor was the most important element on the scene so his principal objective was clean the scena of useless thing like the paints or the elements that weren´t three-dimentional and that were unserviceable to the actor´s movements.
I think that is interesting the work that he made with the music, the elemet that in their view gave the existance to the drama, so he was looking for a way of harmony in the scene.
I leave you some pictures of his work.


1 comentario:

  1. I love Appia! I remember when we studied his works on space and lightning and was really cool, specially for his thoughts about the harmony between the scene and the actor and the music...

    also, he was sooo handsome, jajaja (that was my ladylike coment)

    ResponderEliminar